Sheringham Town Clock
The clock tower, or Town Clock as it is generally referred to is a focal point of the town of Sheringham in Norfolk, UK.
It was originally built as a reservoir and was erected in what was then known as Lower Sheringham in 1862 at a cost of £220 and water was piped from a spring.
There were troughs at the reservoir for animals to drink from.
Women would go to the reservoir with buckets to collect water for domestic use, sometimes they would carry the buckets on their shoulders similar to the way milk maids carried their milk.
It was fitted with a clock given by Miss Mary Pym in 1903 and adapted for use as a pleasant shelter for the weary shopper.
The reservoir is not now in use as a water source and has not been for some years.